Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting solution appertains to stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a web hosting server run by a web hosting supplier. There are different classes of hosting services used for various goals, so let's have a gaze at them. In this way, you can choose what you need, based on whether you wish to run a blog, email box accounts, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a solution provided by some hosts, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions are often supported by exhibiting advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain stretch of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly erroneous explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would assign the load between independent stacks of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different webspace hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a variety of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific providers offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting variant is good if you want to share an enormous number of pictures with friends or acquaintances since the solution is usually free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to taking care of your email accounts. Some distributors offer web site hosting services for websites, but do not supply an e-mail service. If you wish to have an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can open e-mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have a problem with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will permit you to operate as many video files as you want to without hassling about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to own a web site. To some degree, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and e-mail accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Free Hostia, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that enable you to get all of the abovementioned services in one place. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse compared with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are meant for specific content exclusively.